The Corrosion Specialist is NACE’s highest level of certification.
This certification is geared towards very experienced corrosion control personnel, with broad and extensive expertise, in both the theory and practice of multiple areas of corrosion and corrosion control, and capable of performing work at a very advanced level.
An application must be submitted prior to taking the examination-only option to allow time for NACE to verify work experience requirements.
If seeking certification through the parallel path option, an application may be submitted upon successful completion of the required NACE course, for verification of work experience requirements.
Requirements Necessary to Achieve
- Application - Corrosion Specialist
and one of the following:
- Certification - Chemical Treatment Specialist
- Certification - CP Specialist
- Certification - Materials Selection/Design Specialist
- Certification - Protective Coating Specialist
- ICOR - Application Corrosion Specialist
All NACE Certifications must be renewed every three (3) years.
Professional Development Hours
Work Experience Years
(Members $140.00; Non-members $350.00)